Navigating an Ageing Workforce
Wellbeing and mental health in older workers
Who we are
The Ageing Workforce Ready (AWR) project is looking to make a difference to the mental health and wellbeing of Victorian workers with funding received from WorkSafe’s WorkWell Mental Health Improvement Fund.
Many organisations are missing out on the benefits that older workers bring with many individuals suffering personally when employers and recruiters fail to recognise the reality of an ageing population. The AWR project is a collaboration between public transport companies, Australia’s largest superannuation fund, organisational psychologists, peak industry bodies and the unions. Together we are testing initiatives that organisations from any industry can use to engage and support older workers.
The Ageing Workforce Ready project’s Facebook community welcomes anyone who:
- Works in public transport in Victoria
- Is finding late-career harder than they expected
- Needs some help planning their retirement transition
- Wants to get the most out of work and life
- Is up for an online chat (when social distancing means we can’t chat as we used to).
Join Transitioning to Retirement for ideas and support from like-minded people and experts, and a better transition to retirement.